The need to implement new software means changes which will need to be introduced.
This is frequently seen as the necessary evil involved in implementation of the new software.
However, implementation can also be seen as an opportunity for the company to:
- eradicate old habits and ways of doing things,
- eliminate redundant activities,
- improve ineffective procedures and processes.
Business processes optimization performed prior to implementation of new software involves at least those processes
which interface with the software being eliminated or implemented. The purpose of optimization is to ensure that:
- key strategic processes of the organization work efficiently,
- key processes are sufficiently supported by the new IT system.